Pages

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Seminars



In my time here in my new job at Emory, I have been able to attend several seminars that I have enjoyed. It is nice to know that there are great seminars available so close after having to travel so far for seminars at UGA. While I have been attending these seminars, I have come to two conclusions.

First, apparently I do know quite a bit about Parkinson’s disease and stem cells. This has been a relief because as a scientist, I always doubt myself and my knowledge. At UGA in the Animal and Dairy Science Department I wasn’t able to attend many seminars about Parkinson’s disease and I was surrounded by people who had been working on stem cells for years more than I have. It’s comforting to know that I am not that bad of a scientist J

The second thing that I am learning is that Emory is so on the cutting edge with the things they are talking about and researching and through that it is a great place to be to learn about the latest happenings in several fields, even fields that I am not directly involved. I am getting back into being excited by science.

No comments:

Post a Comment