Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

One Fifth Avenue Book Review




As a fan of Sex and the City, I saw this book available on audio book at my local library and thought it might be worth checking out. One Fifth Avenue links the need for great real estate with the need for sex in New York City.

This novel centers around the lives of the people living in the building on One Fifth Avenue and the lives of the people who want to live in the building. Money speaks volumes to get you in here, but your social standing speaks volumes for keeping you there. Many of the characters are guilty of a high level of gossip, but disapprove when they are the source of the gossip. Most of the characters are also highly self centered, always trying to get themselves ahead at any price.

I wasn't drawn into this book as heavily as I was into the Sex and the City show. Originally, I thought I only had the first half of the book available to me, and when it ended I was happy to let it end there. I ended up finishing the book, but with no more excitement than the first half.

It was worthwhile to pass the time in my hour drive each day, but not a great book to expect to be blown away by.

No comments:

Post a Comment